- The Purchasing Department is responsible for the procurement of all supplies, services, and equipment for Washington County.
- It is the department's duty to obtain the best possible pricing from qualified vendors. For a county with a population of more than 120,000, this is a heavy responsibility that Willie Shrewsbury, purchasing manager since 2001, and his staff take seriously.
- The Purchasing Staff attempts to obtain at least three quotations for all purchases under $10,000 and performs a formal sealed bid procedure for most purchases over $10,000.
- The competitive bid process ensures that the taxpayer and the requesting department receive the best value for their money.
- The Purchasing Department also contracts for the lease or rental of equipment, and conducts all sales of county-owned property which has become surplus, obsolete or unusable.
To be placed on the bidders list for Washington County, please contact our office at 423-753-1642 or email Willie Shrewsbury.
INVITATION TO BID
Sealed bids for the following project will be received by the Purchasing Director until 2:00 P.M., Eastern Time, October 5th, and at that time opened in the 2nd Floor Conference Room, Jonesborough Courthouse, 100 East Main Street, Jonesborough, TN. All bids will be considered for award or rejection at a later date.
PROJECT: Washington County Court House HVAC and Controls System Replacement
Copies of the bid documents in PDF format as downloaded files may be obtained from the office of the Engineer, Holston Engineering 301 Montgomery Street, Johnson City TN 37604. Potential Bidders may request bid documents by email request to Derwin.Cartmel@holsteng.com. Potential Bidders are granted a limited license to print and copy the PDF files for the purpose of preparing Bids.
Copies of the documents will be available for review at the office of the Engineer and at the following locations:
- Knoxville Builders Exchange, 300 Clark Street, Knoxville, TN 37921
- AGC Plan Room, 249 Neal Drive, Blountville, TN 37617
A Pre-Bid Conference will be held in the 2nd Floor Conference Room, Jonesborough Courthouse, 100 East Main Street, Jonesborough, TN at 10:00 A.M., Eastern Time, September 14th 2023.
All questions regarding this project need to be submitted in writing via email to the project Engineer: Derwin Cartmel PE at Derwin.Cartmel@holsteng.com All questions must be submitted no later than September 18th, 2023 close of business and any addendum items needed will be issued no later than September 20th, 2023.
The successful bidder will be required to execute acceptable Performance and Payment Bonds in an amount equal to one hundred (100%) percent of the contract price.
All bidders must be licensed Contractors as required by the Contractors Licensing Act of 1994 (TCA Title 62, Chapter 6). No bid will be opened unless the outside of the sealed envelope containing the bid provides the following information: the Contractor's license number, the date of the license's expiration, and a quotation of that part of his classification applying to the bid; the, HVAC, Mechanical, Concrete, Piping and Electrical subcontractor's license number, each date of the license expiration and that part of each classification applying to the bid if the value of work is $25,000 or greater; if value of the subcontractor's work is less than $25,000, the bid envelope is to be indicated with the phrase "Subcontractor's bid is less than $25,000" after each appropriate heading. If no Subcontractors are being used, the outside of the envelope must state, "No Subcontractors are being used on this project".
By submission of a signed bid, the bidder certifies total compliance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, and all regulations promulgated thereunder.
No submitted bids may be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of bids. All bids shall be signed, sealed, and addressed to the Purchasing Director, Washington County, 100 East Main Street, Jonesborough, TN 37659, and marked "Washington County Courthouse HVAC and Controls System Replacement”. The county by its governing regulations reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids received, to waive any informalities in bidding and to re-advertise.
PUB IT: 9/9/23